Exploring Palliative Care
Physical & Psychological Dimensions of Palliative Care
Social, Spiritual, Cultural, Ethical & Legal Dimensions of Palliative Care
Current Issues, Challenges & Opportunities in Palliative Care
Clinical Practicum in Palliative or Hospice Care
Upon completion of the Palliative Care Minor, students will be able to:
1. Utilize the nursing process to provide effective palliative/hospice care, incorporating the Marianist value of service, justice, and peace.
2. Apply leadership and communication skills to ensure quality, collaborative, and continuous palliative/hospice care for seriously ill patients.
3. Integrate evidence-based research, clinical expertise, client preferences, and social determinants of health to provide culturally-competent palliative care.
4. Incorporate informatics and healthcare technologies into palliative/hospice nursing practice.
5. Contribute to safety and quality improvement of the palliative/hospice care environment.