Skip to Main Content
Navigated to SH International Student Support.

International Student Support

Clarence T.C. Ching Hall, Room 6
(808) 739-4654

The university is responsible to the United States Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) under the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for meeting requirements regarding non-immigrant students attending Chaminade University on F or M status. For this purpose, all students who fall under this classification are required to maintain a copy of the I-20 ID form issued to the student by the university, which is considered a permanent record to be used for all USCIS official transactions and for subsequent re-entries to the United States.

To maintain student status while in the United States, all international students must:

  1. Have a valid passport,

  2. Have a valid student VISA,

  3. Attend the school that the student is authorized to attend,

  4. Carry the equivalent of an on-ground full course of study (at least 12 credits for undergraduate students and 6 credits per term for graduate students),

  5. Full-time course load must be in predominately in-person/face to face classes,

  6. Apply for extension of stay when necessary,

  7. Follow procedures and meet with University DSO when continuing on from one educational level to another and/or transferring to another SEVIS certified institution,

  8. Obtain authorization from University DSO prior to traveling outside of the United States,

  9. Obtain authorization from University DSO prior to accepting any employment,

  10. It is the student's responsibility to ensure all appropriate documents, including passport and VISA, are valid and not expired.

  11. Report immediately any changes of address to the University DSO in the Office of Student Success.

All international students are required to show proof of health insurance. The university provides a plan with various options for purchase. Once enrolled, all concerns having to do with immigration and other legal matters should be directed to the Office of Student Success, located in Clarence T.C. Ching Hall 6. For other concerns, such as adjustment and cultural issues, assistance is available through the Office of the Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students.