International Student Services
This University is responsible to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for meeting reporting requirements every semester regarding non-immigrant students attending Chaminade University. For this purpose, all students who fall under this classification are required to submit during registration a copy of the I-20 form, which is considered a permanent record to be used for all USCIS official transactions and for subsequent re-entries to the United States.
To maintain student visa status while in the United States, all international students must:
1. Have a valid passport;
2. Attend the school that the student is authorized to attend;
3. Carry the equivalent of a full course study of at least 12 credits for undergraduate students and 6 credits per term for graduate students ;
4. Apply for extension of stay when necessary;
5. Obtain prior approval each time the student leaves to travel outside of the United States from the Record's Office;
6. Follow procedures to continue from one education level to another and/or transfer;
7. Obtain authorization prior to accepting any employment; and
8. Report immediately any change of residence to the Record's Office. Once enrolled, all concerns having to do within immigration and other legal matters should be directed to the Record's Office.
For other concerns, such as adjustment and cultural issues, assistance is available through the Student Affairs Division.