Undergraduate First-Year and Transfer Admission
While the Admissions Office operates on a “rolling” admission basis, the following dates are recommended to ensure adequate time for receipt and processing of all admissions documents: Semester Date Fall May 1 Spring December 1
All undergraduate applicants should have or will have earned a high school diploma or the equivalent. Adequate preparation typically includes:
• 4 years of English
• 3 years of Social Studies
• 3 years of Mathematics
• 2 years of Science
• 4 years of College Preparatory Electives
• Have official high school transcripts submitted to the Admissions Office. High school seniors should request a supplemental transcript upon completion of the senior year and acceptance by the University.
• First-year students may apply for admission to Chaminade University of Honolulu without submitting official SAT or ACT test scores. While the Office of Admission recognizes that standardized tests accurately measure aptitude for many students, tests of this nature may not always reflect a student’s true potential. Students who choose to apply without test scores will be evaluated holistically with consideration given to their high school grade point average, strength of curriculum, progression of courses taken, and any supporting documentation.
Additional documentation may be required at the request of the Admissions Office. Applicants accepted for admission will be required to submit a non-refundable tuition deposit of $150 on a specified date prior to registration.
Homeschooled applicants are welcome to apply to Chaminade University of Honolulu. In order for us to evaluate an applicant’s potential to successfully complete college level coursework, homeschooled applicants must submit the following:
Official high school transcript showing all courses completed with grades earned, and any courses in progress
The published homeschool curriculum including:
Course Name or Title
Length of course
Official transcripts showing any coursework taken at a traditional high school
Official transcripts showing any coursework taken at the college level
First-year applicants submitting an official General Educational Development (GED) score must have completed the four test subjects and score a minimum of 145 on each test.
Reasoning Through Language Arts (RLA)
Applicants who submit GED scores with a minimum of 145 on each section of the test may be considered for academic merit aid scholarships.
Applicants from 2 or 4-year regionally accredited colleges may enroll during the fall or spring semesters. Transfer applicants who have earned more than 16 semester hours of college credit are required to submit the following credentials:
• Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended. Upon completion of work in progress, a final transcript must be sent to the Admissions Office.
• If the applicant has completed less than 16 semesters hours of college credits, high school transcripts are required.
Applicants accepted for admission will be required to submit a non-refundable tuition deposit of $150 on a specified date prior to registration.
Conditional Admissions Offer
Under some circumstances, students may be offered admission on a conditional basis. Policies governing conditional admission will be communicated to the applicant with the official offer of admission. Students on conditional admission are not able to compete in NCAA Division II sports during their first year at Chaminade University.
Students applying for admission but unable to provide official transcripts and documents can be accepted on a provisional basis provided they have unofficial copies of their transcripts and documents. Students on provisional acceptance are required to provide the university with official documents during their first semester of attendance.